- Guyana’s Technical Capacity to Implement MRVS and other REDD+ Related Activities Strengthened through GSF Funded Project with GFC
- Development of National Reference Level for REDD+
- Consultations on development of the National MRVS
- Exploration of Co-benefits under the MRVS
- Development of National REDD+ Strategies
- Capacity building
- All Pages
Development of National Reference Level for REDD+
The Guyana Reference Level was developed in accordance with the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) guidelines. Initially, a proposal was prepared and submitted to the UNFCCC which addressed a number of areas including the UNFCCC modalities to inform Guyana's Reference Level. Discussions on setting Guyana's Reference Level and defining the reference period for historical analysis were also held and the GFC was engaged in an in-depth analytical approach to establish scenarios to estimate what the rate of deforestation would be in the absence of financial incentives of REDD+.
A workshop was held on August 29, 2013 to provide stakeholders with an overview of the relevance of Reference Levels for REDD+ and to report on the progress Guyana made up to that point.