- Guyana’s Technical Capacity to Implement MRVS and other REDD+ Related Activities Strengthened through GSF Funded Project with GFC
- Development of National Reference Level for REDD+
- Consultations on development of the National MRVS
- Exploration of Co-benefits under the MRVS
- Development of National REDD+ Strategies
- Capacity building
- All Pages
Consultations on development of the National MRVS
National consultations and outreach activities on development of the National MRVS were executed with the intent to improve understanding of the concept of REDD+ and the MRVS, the roles that different stakeholder will play as well as the benefits, risks and challenges that arise from the development and implementation of a REDD+ Strategy and the MRVS.
A total of five hundred and ninety one (591) persons attended the workshops hosted by the GFC which allowed for inputs and addressed issues and concerns raised by stakeholders on the Low Carbon Development Strategy (LCDS), REDD+, Guyana's engagement with the FCPF, MRVS and EU Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade (FLEGT).
Twelve (12) workshops were held during the period April to June, 2013. One each was conducted in Mabaruma, Kwebana, Santa Rosa, Anna Regina, Parika, Annai, Kwakwani, Linden, Kamarang, Soesdyke and two in Georgetown.
Six additional workshops were held over the period February to March, 2014 targeting Port Kaituma, Canal Bank, Wauna, Batavia, Agatash and Bartica.